Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Meat Rub

Okay, this is just an aside recipe I use quite often. I use it quite often for roasted meats, chicken and pork. It's also useful for the BBQ grill! I used to marinate a lot in teriyaki or soy sauce mixtures, but they both contain sugar, and we on Atkins do try to stay away from that.  Sometimes, I make double and just store it in an air tight container for future use. Caution: Omit salt from the meat, as the rub contains salt.


 Meat rub for Smoking, Roasting and BBQ

3 tablespoons of chicken seasoning- I get mine very inexpensively from the Mexican grocery, but almost every grocery carries it.
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano (I use Mexican, but any will do)
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes

That's it- just mix all ingredients together and store in an air tight container till ready to use. Makes a nice variation from plain old pork or chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment