Thursday, September 30, 2010

MIM's Pizza Dough

Well, I thought I'd better comment here, since I don't want anyone disappointed if they try the MIM's pizza recipe. I got an email from a friend last night (I had previously given her the recipe.) She informed me that the dough was in no way like a real pizza dough, and she was disappointed!

I don't think I conveyed that the dough was the same as the yeast risen dough you would get in a pizza. If I did, I'm sorry. I only said that this pizza solved my craving. When I used to eat the "real" pizza, I was one of those who was mostly interested in the toppings in the first place- the more the better. The dough basically kept the toppings from falling on the floor! That being said, flax meal used in this dough isn't flour- will never taste like flour. But, those of us on low carb (at least the first stages) have given up wheat flour. 

Sometime in the future, I will toy with doing a yeast-risen dough with the flax., and report back- I still don't think it will taste like yeast risen flour! Meanwhile, I'm not really trying to make foods I eat now exactly like foods I've given up- I'm only trying to make recipes that are tasty and satisfying!

No comments:

Post a Comment