Sunday, September 5, 2010

ATTENTION! All Low-Carbing Bagel Lovers!

For all of you low-carb eating bagel lovers, who have given them up, I have wonderful news for you, courtesy of Sharon, our sweet friend from Israel! She has found some with only 5.7 net carbs- can you imagine! Most I see are 40 carbs or above. wow! Here is her take on these:


Now then: your Low Carb Consumer Reporter is here to say -- remember last month I asked if anyone had tried the Carb Krunchers low carb bagels? Well, now I have and they are dynamite!! 5.7 net carbs. I tried the sesame kind yesterday morning with sun dried tomato cream cheese and the pumpernickel this morning with butter, cheddar cheese and veggies, and they are really worth being super-careful about carbs the rest of the day.

Another thing I have tried recently is the ChocoPerfection bars -- 2 net carbs, sweetened with erythritol, which is the sweetener that's in stevia. I tried the Raspberry Dark Chocolate bar, which had a faintly waxy, bubble-gummy taste to it so I won't be buying it again, and the Dark European Chocolate bar, which is almost as good as the real thing, so I'll only buy one a week -- it's almost twice as many calories as an Atkins bar. Neither flavor gave me the bad reaction ("runs" and/or gas) that maltitol chocolate gives me.

Any ladies who have dropped a bra size and are replacing their bras (I just did) would do well to consider www.onestopplus.com -- you buy 5 bras and get a coupon for a free one!

And that will be all for today's Low Carb Consumer Reporter. Stay tuned for another exciting installment whenever I get some more facts to tell you all about ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment