Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Turkey Cucumber Spread Courtesy of Arlene1

Here is another delicious idea for a spread contributed by Arlene1, our OFL friend. Haven't tried this yet, but I will when I cook that turkey breast I have in my freezer. Always lots of leftovers that could be turned into a spread!

Found a recipe for a delicious almond-turkey cheese spread.

1 package cream cheese, softened (3 ounces)
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 pound deli turkey, finely chopped
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup slivered almonds, chopped
Mix cream cheese, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder until combined. Stir in the turkey, cheddar cheese and almonds. Refrigerate. Makes 1 1/2 cups.
Calories: 207
Fat grams: 16
Net Carbs: 6
Protein: 12

I served this in cucumber boats and cut them up into small chunks. Delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment