Tuesday, May 10, 2011

MR. Peanut Bread Courtesy of Valorie

Hi, everyone. As usual, I am having a hard time keeping up with life with the condition of my mother. But the one thing I ALWAYS do is read posts on our OFL's forum. Yesterday Valorie posted a recipe for peanut butter bread. I was amazed! I had no idea you could actually make bread from peanut butter. So here it is. If you are at the point that you are adding a few carbs, I think this might be well worth it for the occasional sandwich craving.

Mr. Peanut Bread

1 cup natural-style peanut butter, smooth
3 eggs
1 tablespoon vinegar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons artificial sweetener (optional)

Blend peanut butter and eggs until very smooth. Add in remaining ingredients. Pour into a sprayed loaf pan and smooth the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes. Let cool before slicing. I got 12 slices out of it.

I doubled the recipe using one cup natural peanut butter and one cup almond butter. It made a huge loaf and I am loving how well it goes with different things. I just had a cheese, mayo and sugar free ketchup sandwich and it was great. I may add caraway next time I make it, it has the texture of a soft rye and the caraway will really make it nice I think.

It is a little higher in carbs than I am used to, 5.5 net carbs, but so worth it !!

No comments:

Post a Comment