Thursday, February 3, 2011

Melinda Mae Courtesy of Sharon- How to Succeed at Atkins!

Sharon, our dear OFL from Israel, contributed this on how to succeed at Akins. I think it's very apt. So many of us want this process to be instant. It isn't and it's a process of developing this as a way of life and forgetting the old. We do not GO on Atkins and go OFF. We stay on the low carb lifestyle for life- we will be happier, healthier and far better off for life!

Sorry, me again. I just thought I would post something someone sent me, which I think is a very good metaphor for how to succeed on Atkins -- the Shel Silverstein poem called "Melinda Mae" about eating the whale:

Have you heard of tiny Melinda Mae,
Who ate a monstrous whale?
She thought she could,
She said she would,
So she started in right at the tail.

And everyone said, "You're much too small,"
But that didn't bother Melinda at all,

She took little bites and she chewed very slow,
Just like a little girl should...

...and eighty-nine years later she ate that whale
Because she said she would!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment