Thursday, February 10, 2011

Easy Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole Courtesy of Gabby

Having been an executive chef for many years, when I retired I was still a little "snobby" about how to cook things. I didn't even own a microwave for a while, and finally succumbed and bought one, in case I wanted to "warm" something up (ONLY!) Well, times have changed! I have found a new friend in my microwave. This cauliflower casserole is incredibly easy to do and very tasty!

Cauliflower Casserole

1 12 - 16 oz package of frozen cauliflower florets
1/2  red bell pepper diced
1/2 medium onion diced
2 tablespoons sour cream
3-4 Tablespoons ranch dressing
grated cheese- amount to your preference (I use any types I have on hand and usually try to use at least two types of cheese.)
1 teaspoon dried basil

Place cauliflower florets in an oven proof casserole dish with just enough water to cover the bottom under the florets. Sprinkle the florets with lemon pepper generously. Microwave on high 3 - 5 minutes just till florets are fork tender. Drain the water. Saute diced onions and peppers in olive oil till just tender or microwave till tender. Mix cauliflower, onions, peppers, sour cream, basil and Ranch dressing. Make sure all the florets are coated- if not add more ranch dressing. Then add enough grated cheese till there is cheese throughout the casserole. Microwave again for a couple of minutes till the cheese is melted. Cover the top with more grated cheese and place under the oven's broiler till the cheese begins to brown and is bubbly. Enjoy!

Note: I sometimes mix in broccoli and carrots as well for a change of pace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment