Sunday, October 10, 2010

Barbecue Pork Rinds- The A Friendly Way!

Well once again our dear OFL Doreen has supplied us with a delicious recipe! This is for barbecue pork rinds without any carbs to speak of. I haven't tried them yet, due to long periods at the hospital with my mother, but I have tried the rub in the past on pork, and it is delicious! It can only improve the pork rinds.

Here it it:

A quick btw, for anybody who wants a savory snack I made pork rinds using the classic barbecue rub mix over the butter, and I also did some using a BBQ seasoning I buy at the health food store (there is no sugars in it at all) and both turned out really yummy. I use the rub seasoning mix on a lot of stuff now. The next batch I make I'm going to cut back on the sweetner by half though. Here is the recipe again.

Classic Barbecue Rub ( from The Low Carb Barbecue Book)
¼ cup splenda
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp celery salt
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp chilli powder
2 tsp pepper
1 tsp lemon pepper
1 tsp sage
1 tsp dry mustard
½ tsp dried thyme
½ tsp cayenne

Combine everything, stir well, and store in a shaker. Sprinkle heavily over just about anything, but especially over pork ribs and chicken.

Yield: Makes just over 2/3 cup, or roughly 12 tbsp.

3 grams of carbs, 1 gram fiber, 2 grams net carbs, 1 gram protein

No comments:

Post a Comment