Saturday, June 18, 2011

Herb Crusted Cheese Crackers from The Jimmie Moore Blog

Good afternoon from HOT Florida. I'm just catching up on some listening and reading to keep us all infomed. I came across this recipe for Herb crusted cheese crackers on Jimmie Moore's podcast. I do love crackers and dip, and since I've just adapted one from one of my brother's co-workers, I'm be trying these very soon! So here they are: crackers without wheat!

Crackers: 5 oz. shredded cheddar
1 cup almond flour
¼ cup olive oil
3 T water
½ t. salt
1/8 t. dried dill flakes
3 cloves garlic (peeled and minced)
Herb Mix:
1 ¼ t. dried oregano
1 ¼ t. dried dill
1 t. salt
Preheat oven to 350. Grease a baking tray (I use parchment paper). The mixture should form a moist but firm dough. To make the herb mix, combine the ingredients in a small bowl. Make small dough balls, roll them in the herb mix, and flatten on the greased baking tray at even intervals. (I also sprinkle more shredded cheese on top)
Bake 15-20 minutes until crackers are golden brown. Yield 30-35 crackers, depending on size.
Can be served with a dip. Our favorite is cream cheese with garlic, salt and dill stirred in!
Danna Seevers
My New Health Blog: www.goodlifenaturals.blogspot.com
Family blog: www.seevers.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment