Monday, December 12, 2011

Oopsies Courtesy of Panda

One of our faithful OFL's, Panda,  contributed this recipe for Oopsies. I am going to make some today. As you know, I've been getting myself back on track with the WOE and I think these would be excellent either as a sweet or savory snack. And I'll definitely make some for me while I'm baking holiday cookies, so I won't feel deprived. LOL!


Oopsies
3 egg whites whipped stiff with a 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
3 oz cream cheese mixed thoroughly with 3 egg yolks. Add additional flavorings to yolk mix such as sweetener and cinnamon or savory as onion or garlic powder.
Fold whites into yolk mixture. Make mounds on greased cookie sheet. Flatten tops. Bake for 30 minutes at 300 degrees. Let rest and cool before taking up. Should be moist, not crunchy.
Some recipes call for adding 2 Tblspn almond flour or 3 Tblspn Flax meal to yolks to make them firmer.
Or ricotta instead of cream cheese.
Or 1/2 pkt SF Jello to yolks for Lemon Rolls.
One recipe called to put them into a muffin tin but mine are too wet to come out of a tin easily.
I have only made them a few times. I will be experimenting with them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment