Saturday, October 15, 2011

How to Recover After a Hit and Run by the Carb Truck

Reading back through the posts on the OFL Forum, it seems several of us have been victims of a hit and run by the carb truck recently. I am in the group that does well all day till evening and then blows everything. Then I wake up in the night and eat even more illegal carbs. I decided yesterday it had to come to a screeching halt. Trying to recover from all the carbs, I found even that the legal ones were inducing me to eat things I shouldn't.

So yesterday, I made myself get up and boil eggs and cook chicken and beef right after breakfast. I only ate eggs and meat all day long and it seemed to break the pattern. Every time, I felt the least bit hungry, I was nibbling on an egg or eating some meat or chicken. My bedtime snack was slices of steak. I didn't wake in the night hungry, and was not my usual frantic self wanting to grab food immediately this morning. I will probably do the meat and eggs thing for another day or two- it seems to be helping me get back under control. I have not dared to weigh recently, but I know I've gained by the fit of my clothes. I will start weighing and tracking after a couple more days of this, and report back

I am like Jimmy Moore. I do not say this is what everyone should do. I think everyone has to find their own ways that help them. If you are struggling with illegal carbs, you might give this a try and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment