Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sugar Free Cranberry Orange Sauce Courtesy of Susi

I don't know how many of you know this, but cranberries and orange are two flavors that marry very well. Susi, from our OFL group has contributed this recipe. I just tried it tonight, because I need to get going on the Thanksgiving meal. It's delicious! I'm eating with a bunch of "high carbers", but I won't tell them this is sugar free! Not going to make the one loaded with sugar I usually make this year! Give it a try!

Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce
1 small box orange sugar free jello
1 c. water
1 bag cranberries (12 oz.)
Sweetener to equal 1/2 c. sugar
Apple pie spices

Bring water to boil- add jello and stir well. Add cranberries and then cook on low heat until they begin to pop. Add sweetener to taste- I used Erythritol and some liquid Splenda. I also used a sprinkle of cinnamon, ground cloves and ground allspice. Pour up into jars. Refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment