Thursday, November 25, 2010

Shrimp Stuffed Mushrooms

 Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends! I'm late posting this recipe and a couple of other, but I feel fortunate to even have time at the computer some days.

These shrimp-stuffed mushrooms are incredibly easy to do and totally Atkins friendly! I have them ready in the fridge to bake later today. And everyone seems to like them. Since I am the only low carb eater around my family, I like to make sure there are things I can eat guilt free. Makes it easier to resist all the high carb stuff!


1/2 to 1 pound of large mushrooms (depending on how many people you are serving) I like to use the baby portabellas, but any mushroom you like is fine.

olive oil and basting brush
1/4 pound of medium shrimp ( more for more mushrooms) peeled and deveined. Save yourself some effort and buy them already done for you.
Grated parmesan cheese

Clean mushrooms and remove the stems. Chop shrimp into about 1/4 inch pieces. Stuff the shrimp tightly into each mushroom and brush with olive oil. Then sprinkle each stuffed mushroom with grated cheese. Arrange on a baking sheet which has been sprayed with cooking spray or brushed with olive oil. Bake in a 375 degree oven till the cheese begins to turn brown and bubbly. These can be served warm or at room temperature.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment