Sunday, December 19, 2010

Applesauce Cake Courtesy of Becky

As usual, life has been a little hectic and I don't get to our blog as often as I would like, so I'm making the effort to get contributions on when they happen. This cake sounds delicious! I do like the spices- does wonders for flavor and also makes the house smell like the holidays. Give this one a try!

Here is a new recipe I invented for Applesauce cake:

3/4 Cup Milled Flax
3/4 Cup Almond Flour
1 Cup Splenda
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
Mix dry ingredients

Stir in 3 beaten eggs,
Then 1 Stick of melted butter
And ¾ Cup warm applesauce

You can throw in some walnuts or sliced almonds (or raisins but they will increase your carb count)

Bake in a loaf pan in a 350 oven for 45 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment