Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Crispy Snack for the Non-Lover of Pork Rinds Courtesy of Pat

If you are like me and only use pork rinds in a pinch, and don't really love them for a crispy snack, Pat, one of our OFL's has contributed this. I haven't gotten around to buying the pepperoni, but I will, definitely! I love a salty, crunchy snack! I'll let you tell it in her own words:

Crispy Pepperoni

Well, my daughter came up with a great snack idea. Neither of us like pork rinds much, so she was searching the Atkins website for something else to try when she found/invented pepperoni chips. Just take thinly sliced pepperoni pieces and lay them in a single layer on a plate. Cover with a paper towel and microwave for a minute and 15 seconds (to 1 minute 30 seconds). Remove the pepperoni pieces to a paper towel. They are spicy, crunchy, potato chip-like things. A great crunchy snack. No idea on calories as almost all the oil cooks out, but zero carbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment